Thanks to the age of information and an almost overwhelming amount of free educational resources on the internet, more people are discovering ways they can lead a healthy lifestyle and detox the body and mind. If you have wanted to revamp your life and start thinking holistically about your well-being, take it one step at a time and take advantage of the free information available to you. In this post, you will learn about 11 simple ways you can radically change your health and lifestyle with holistic wellness.
- Evaluate The Products in Your Home: It can be disheartening when you learn that a huge majority of the products in your home are unnatural and filled with dangerous chemicals. Take the first step toward a life of wellness by swapping generic home products for all-natural products. Switch to natural, chemical-free cleaners, hair products, detergent, and bedding and mattresses. Most people are unaware of just how many chemicals and other irritants are in their mattresses alone. Get informed on what most manufacturers put in the mattresses they produce and make the decision to opt for an all-natural mattress. By doing this, you will notice a difference in your sleep quality, comfort, energy in the morning, and overall health.
- Make it a Group Effort: If you live with family or roommates, make the switch to a holistic lifestyle a collaborative effort. It’s easier to make changes in your life when others are helping you do it and they are doing it as well. Encourage everyone in your household to be more conscious about the products they are using and the food they are putting in their bodies. This is also a great way to build a sense of community within your family or living situation and get everyone excited about bettering themselves.
- Perfect The Art of Doing Nothing: The Italians call it “la dolce far niente”, which is translated to “the sweetness of doing nothing”. Sadly, we live in a society that encourages an overworked, chaotic lifestyle which leaves everyone exhausted by the end of the day. Master the art of doing nothing and learn to appreciate stillness. Take a nap, watch the sunset, meditate…pick your poison or switch it up daily. Just make sure you set aside a period of time during the day to relax and still the mind and body. There are enormous benefits that come from just this one simple act. You will boost your mental performance as well as garner more physical energy. By the end of your “la dolce far niente” session you will be feeling refreshed.
- Detox Technology: Limit the amount of time you spend sitting in front of a computer or scrolling through social media on your phone. The downside to social media is seeing the highlights of other people’s lives and envying that when all you can see is the behind-the-scenes action of your life. Significantly reduce the amount of time you spend online and focus instead on your own mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional health.
- Implement a Clean Eating Strategy: In the hustle and bustle of daily life, it’s tempting to just go through the fast-food drive-thru for lunch or order greasy takeout for dinner. In order to achieve mental clarity and strengthen the body, eliminate sugars and other foods that may cause allergies and bad reactions. Ensure that you are getting your daily dose of vitamins and eating plenty of fresh greens. To make it easier for you, consider meal prepping on Sundays. Having your meals prepared in advance not only guarantees that you’ll be getting the proper nutritional meals you need, you will also be saving a fantastic amount of time and money.
- Get to Know The Companies You Purchase From: While it can be frustrating to see how many unnatural products are out there, there are plenty of companies that offer environmentally friendly, all-natural alternatives that also do a lot of social good. Try making an effort to buy from companies that offer you safe, healthy products and make a social contribution. For example, Urban Mattress donates 2% of every sale to local charities. When you buy something from Urban Mattress, you are giving back with the purchase you made.
- Practice Gratitude: The human mind is an extremely powerful thing and by making a conscious effort to fill it with positive thoughts and practice gratitude, you can radically change your life. Take a few minutes every morning to repeat certain mantras that are important to you and recognize all the things you are thankful for. Even in our darkest moments, everyone can find something that makes them grateful. Express gratitude for your health, home, provisions, family, friendships, and anything else that has been a blessing in your life.
- Switch up Your Fitness Regimen: Many people don’t even have a fitness regimen and if you are one of them, it’s time to get active. Strive to do something active every single day even if it’s just a brisk 15 minute walk. Introduce new variations into your workout by hiking one day, swimming the next, and trying a kickboxing class after that. Don’t let your fitness lifestyle get stagnant. Be open to trying new things and keep your mind and body alert by switching your exercise up constantly.
- Get More Sleep: It’s astounding how most people not only don’t get enough rest, but will brag about it as if it’s a trait to be proud of. The majority of men and women need roughly 7-9 hours of sleep every night and far too many do not get that. Make it a point to get to bed a little earlier every night. If you have trouble sleeping, consider using different herbal teas and essential oils such as lavender to calm the brain and allow for a fuller night’s rest. Don’t scroll through your phone right before bed as this will only cause more activity in the brain. Some effective ways to soothe the mind before bed are reading a book, taking a hot bath, or doing some light yoga stretches. Also, take into consideration that a bad mattress is often the culprit behind poor sleep. Look into your options and find a high quality mattress that meets your sleep needs.
- Try Yoga And Meditation: Many people who have not tried yoga may believe that they don’t have the patience or tolerance for it. However, many would be surprised to learn that yoga incorporates both relaxing, still poses with more rigorous, active movements and poses. Yoga and meditation are both excellent ways to eliminate stress, anxiety, and even help with depression. There are several amazing benefits that come with practicing yoga and meditation on a daily basis. It’s also a great way to quiet the mind and body right before bed.
- Spend More Time With Loved Ones: At every opportunity possible, spend your precious time with friends and family rather than working extra hours. Fostering relationships will be the most important thing you do in life and spending time with those you love is beneficial for both them and you. It is incredible the effect healthy relationships have on your overall health and you will notice tremendous differences after spending quality time laughing and engaging in heartfelt conversation with them.
For more tips on improving holistic wellness in your life and switching to all-natural products such as mattresses, contact your local Urban Mattress store today.